Robert Stephenson & Hawthorn

2 Cylinder, 0.4.0 Crane Tank Locomotive

No. 7069

"SOUTHWICK"

Southwick

Southwick

was built by Robert Stephenson & Hawthorn in 1942 and was to a design of locomotive almost completely restricted to shipyard use. The locomotive was employed at the Pallion Shipyard, Sunderland of William Doxford and Sons Ltd. until 1970. In 1990 the locomotive was acquired by George Bowler and Nick Morgan members of the Bahamas Locomotive Society. "Southwick" can now be seen as part of the BLS Collection at Ingrow Station on the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway, West Yorkshire. UK.

Shunt back to Index Page

15/05/07
* *